Monday, July 30, 2012

Sweet Dee's Bakeshop


Tucker, GA  has a cupcake shop!!! I didn't think I would ever see the day. They have spent a lot of money revitalizing downtown Tucker to include sidewalks, benches, and new lamp posts. So fancy! This sleepy train town is coming to life!

Sweet Dee's Bakeshop is an adorable little space. I went a few weeks ago and created my own cupcake but I ate it before snapping a picture. Whoops! I had a chocolate cupcake with raspberry filling and vanilla buttercream. It was delish!!! Thus far they are the only ones I've encountered that have a "create your own cupcake" option. Each day they have a different selection of cupcakes, icing, filling, and toppings. Once you make your selection they make your cupcake right in front of you!
Friday night I took my mom in and we each got our own cupcake. She chose a lemon cupcake and let me sample it. Wow was it lemon! I'm still trying to figure out how they got the icing so lemon. I selected a chocolate and peanut butter cupcake. The Reese's pieces on top lured me in. (And yes Reese's pieces make me think of E.T. - I'm a big fan). I was slightly disappointed. This was my first time trying a peanut butter cupcake and I guess I didn't know what to expect. I love peanut butter so maybe my expectations were too high. Oh well! Now I know. Next time I'll have to get my very own lemon cupcake.

The next time you are craving a cupcake and happen to be near the Tucker area, swing on by to Sweet Dee's Bakeshop!

No comments:

Post a Comment