- 1 15-oz. can pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Nutella for topping
Monday, December 23, 2013
Well I just had to share one more pumpkin recipe with you all before we can say pumpkin season is over. How can it be? In my opinion pumpkin season is too short. Anyway sometimes I want a simple recipe and I love that the Nutella in this recipe is like frosting. Could it be any easier? To me pumpkin and Nutella are a wonderful combination. My coworkers tried to act like these were acceptable for breakfast and not just dessert. You be the judge.
Pumpkin Nutella Cupcakes
Makes 12-15 cupcakes
Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a muffin pan with foil or paper liners.
Place the pumpkin, oil, eggs, vanilla and brown sugar in a large bowl. Beat to combine.
In a separate large bowl, whisk the flour, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, baking powder, baking soda and salt together. Add to wet ingredients and stir until just combined.
Fill muffin cups around 3/4 full. Place a couple of teaspoons of Nutella on top of each cupcake. Use a toothpick to swirl the Nutella around the top of the batter.
Bake 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
My mom and I love cranberries so for her birthday this year (yes it took me over a month to post this) I searched for a new dessert. I found a recipe for crustless pie. Never really heard of crustless pie but I decided to go for it. And I'm so glad that I did. It was such an easy recipe and the taste is amazing. A little tart and sweet. Of course it turns out to be a beautiful explosion of red.
Crustless Cranberry Pie
Original recipe makes 1 (9-inch) pie
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease one 9 inch pie pan.
- Combine the flour, sugar, and salt. Stir in the cranberries and the walnuts, and toss to coat. Stir in the butter, beaten eggs, and almond extract. If you are using frozen cranberries, the mixture will be very thick. Spread the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 40 minutes, or until a wooden pick inserted near the center comes out clean. Serve warm with whipped cream or ice cream.