Monday, April 9, 2012
Last week I went to the Food Truck Festival in Athens, GA and finally checked out the Yum Yum Cupcakes and More truck. I sampled the Betty cupcake which was a brownie cupcake with ducle de leche buttercream. It was amazing! My dad didn't try it but requested that I make brownie cupcakes for Easter.
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled slightly
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 3 eggs
- 2/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter, shortening, and vanilla. Blend in the sugar, one cup at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in the milk, and continue mixing until light and fluffy. Keep icing covered until ready to decorate.