Nutella Cupcakes for Two
- Two Chocolate Cupcakes
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon natural unsweetened cocoa powder (not Dutch-processed)
- 1/8 teaspoon + 1/16 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/16 teaspoon salt
- 1/16 teaspoon instant coffee powder (optional, but recommended)
- 3 tablespoon milk
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Nutella Frosting
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup Nutella
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2-1 teaspoon milk
- Prepare the cupcakes: Preheat oven to 350°F and line a cupcake pan with 2 paper liners.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda, salt, and instant coffee together.
- Add milk, oil, and vanilla and whisk until just combined.
- Evenly divide the batter into the 2 lined cupcake wells (mine were almost 3/4 full).
- Bake for 20-22 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Set aside to cool.
- Prepare the Nutella Frosting:
- Beat butter and Nutella until smooth.
- Add powdered sugar and mix until combined.
- Add vanilla and 1/2 teaspoon of milk, then mix until incorporated. Add additional milk if necessary to achieve desired consistency.
- Spread or pipe onto cooled cupcakes.