Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Sunflower Cupcakes


Sunflowers are my favorite. I've been wanting to decorate these adorable things for a while now. I had 6 regular cupcakes and 12 mini cupcakes in the freezer - love when that happens! Many options are out there for creating the center. For the mini cupcakes, I had my baking assistant (mom) place dollops of chocolate frosting in the center with a toothpick. Then she put three chocolate chips in the center of the regular size cupcakes. You could always add more chocolate chips but I love frosting. Speaking of frosting, I tinted vanilla buttercream yellow and used the leaf tip to create petals. Overlapping the petals makes for a more realistic sunflower. No mishaps with these cupcakes. I think that may be because the last cake mom and I baked together came out a little too moist. Someone added too much butter but I'm not going to say who. What happens in the kitchen sometimes has to stay in the kitchen, right? Anyway I think we were both paying extra attention this time.

Here's to sweet summer time!

No comments:

Post a Comment